Use this form below to enter the results of your Big Seaweed Search. Your records will appear on the map when identification has been checked by the Big Seaweed Search team. There is a file size limit of 4MB per photograph.
Personal data collection statement:
- Thank you for your interest in taking part in the Big Seaweed Search, which is a joint project between the Natural History Museum (NHM) and the Marine Conservation Society (MCS). To take part, you will need to complete the information form below.
- Whilst most of the information is about your seashore and is therefore not personal data, we do also ask for your name and email address.
- The reason we ask for your name is that this is a necessary part of a biological record, and it is therefore important to note that it will be made publicly available via the National Biodiversity Network (NBN) Gateway along with the species name, date and location of the record. The NHM and the MCS believe that the collection of names is necessary for us to perform a task in the legitimate interests of our organisations and the wider scientific community as regards scientific research.
- Providing your email address is entirely optional – it will be used by the NHM and MCS only if we need to get in touch with you to ask more about the data you enter. If you choose to also provide your email address, you do so based on consent and can withdraw this at any time and we will delete your email address.
- Your name and email address will not be used by the NHM and MCS for anything other than the above purposes, however the NHM will share the information with the NBN Gateway and the Biological Records Centre so that your observations can be part of the national recording scheme.
- Your name will be retained permanently as part of the entry at the Biological Records Centre, and your email address (should you choose to share it) will be held by the NHM and MCS for 5 years.